Sunday, August 11, 2013

Favorite Spots to Shop

People often ask me where I shop. When asked, it's like they assume I have to have all these hidden secrets and boutiques that I shop where no one else can go. But that's far from the truth. I shop everywhere you do, from Zara to Nordstrom to Target. But there are a few other less obvious stores that I love and adore. Here are just a few!

1. Intermix - While this one isn't so hidden it's incredible and very notable. Every time I visit my sis in Chicago, we hit up Armitage in Lincoln Park and make a must-stop at Intermix.

Notable brands: 3.1 Phillip Lim, Missoni, Vince, Elizabeth and James, Chloe.


2. Bluebird - With two locations in the Minneapolis area, this store is makes my heart skip a beat. It has the perfect blend of high-end and low-end apparel. I can pick up a J Brand leather dress or a Bobi t-shirt.

Notable brands: J Brand, Bailey 44, Equipment, BB Dakota.



3. Piperlime in NYC - I am ob-sessed with their one and only store location in Soho in NYC. It is the perfectly curated collection of apparel. It's impossible to walk out of the store without a few items.

Notable brands: BLANKNYC, Ella Moss, Hive & Honey, Rachel Zoe, Rag & Bone, Tucker



4. Oak + Fort - While spending a couple days in Vancouver this past March, I came across this store, Oak + Fort. Upon looking through the windows, I almost didn't go in because I was certain that I would have to pay at least $800 for a top. Thankfully I went in anyway, and wow, was I blown away by quality and price. It's a brand of its own but only has stores in Canada. Thankfully you can purchase online from the U.S.


5. June Resale - Another Minneapolis gem that I just love. It's a consignment shop but only accepts that best. I've snagged a Valentino chain belt for $75, Burberry pumps for $100 and a Michael Kors skirt for $70. Condition is near mint and prices are incredible. A must-stop when you are in the area.

Notable brands: Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Valentino, Miu Miu, Michael Kors






No comments: