As someone who is always checking out the best fashion in the room, poor wedding attire etiquette is one of my biggest pet peeves. So I thought I'd share a few rules that we all need to live by when dressing for a wedding.
1. NO all white. I don't care if it's an off-white dress or a short dress or pant suit. Don't wear all white. You can avoid it just this one day.
2. Guys, wear at least a tie or blazer. Just a dress shirt is way too casual and it shows that you are lazy or just don't want to be there.
3. Pick a dress that's appropriate for the wedding and setting. If it's a black tie affair, go with a formal gown. If it's an afternoon outdoor wedding, pick a cocktail dress with some color.
4. Don't show too much skin! Period.
5. And always, don't be afraid to make it a bit fashion-forward. Try a pumps that have leather straps that wrap around the ankles. Layer gold necklaces. Cinch at the waist with a neon belt. But stick to one of these trends so you don't look like a Christmas tree or that you are trying to upstage the bride - a SERIOUS no-no.
Here are a few of my favorite dress suitable for a wedding.
|Alice and Olivia|