Sunday, August 7, 2011

Ladies Who Lunch

We're all familiar with the saying "ladies who lunch." It instantly conjures up images of women who are decked out in pearls, hats and high heals while enjoying the company of one another. Maybe this type of lunching was popular in the 50s and 60s, I see it coming back full swing. And why not!

While I was in Philadelphia this week for work, I often spent my lunch hour in cafes with co-workers and entertaining business partners. As I observed my lunching partners and others in the restaurants, I noticed many fabulous outfits with sophistication and flare. But let's not leave our "lunching best" for the work meetings. I think dressing yourself up for lunch with your girlfriends, sisters or mom is a perfect way to show that you care about looking great for them and that you value your time together. Plus, it's another great reason to make a fashionable statement ... and who doesn't love a reason for that? :-) So throw out those dingy shorts and unimpressive tennis shoes, and make it a lunch to remember.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

love it! i agree, dressing up for lunch is a great way to show people you value your time with them. and it's just so darn fun! <3 www.rubygirlblog.com